What’s New in SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation 2.0 2205?23-Aug-2022
SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation 2.0 2205 release brings in a lot of new features to you. Some of the most exciting features include the Project Launcher, which triggers automation via events and seamless recording across various web technologies. It also promises an improvement in productivity in the Automation editor along with numerous cloud functionalities. These mainly include the updates for new SDK Packages, which come with new activities to automate on PDFs, Outlook and Excel.
Although not specifically made for automation testing, SAP intelligent robotic process automation is designed to automate business processes. You can still automate testing tasks if your case calls for it using the options offered by SAP Intelligent Robotic Process. The new update also offers new SDK Packages with File Transfer Protocol activities and activities to trigger DOM events. The automation in PDF activities is mainly used to split the files.
What is Robotic Process Automation?
Robotic Process Automation, or RPA, is software that makes it simple to create, use, and manage software robots that mimic how people interact with computers and software. Software robots can perform a wide range of predefined tasks, including making the appropriate keystrokes, understanding what is on a screen, navigating systems, and extracting and identifying data. Workflows are streamlined through robotic process automation, which helps businesses become more profitable, adaptable, and responsive.
RPA can be quickly installed and is non-intrusive, which speeds up digital transformation. It is also perfect for automating processes using obsolete systems that lack virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI), database access, or APIs. Reducing menial duties from their workdays also boosts employee engagement, satisfaction, and productivity. Even cognitive tasks like language interpretation, conversational interaction, processing of unstructured data, and applying cutting-edge machine learning models to make complicated decisions are viable tasks for advanced robots to undertake.
How Can SAP Help Automate Your Business Processes?
It provides an ease to work with low-code/ no-code by unifying process automation with an enhanced digital experience. This accelerates the time required by conventional methods of operations. The new update offers a new citizen automation user experience that is a form of process builder or can also be called a forms builder. There are also a number of advanced workflow management capabilities that provide seamless automation of business processes. These processes facilitate process visibility to the user while also providing a flexible UI for such operations.
There are also automated robotic processes that can combine automation with workflows. There are various components involved in these operations. These include workflow components, bots, process steps, and analyzing automated actions. A unified launchpad and task center make the operations seamless for citizen developer applications. It is also beneficial for scheduling automation processes and their execution.
Intelligent RPA tenant also allows the creation of projects in Cloud Studio without needing any VI Packages. It is also very convenient as there is an allowance for similar size and expiration limits as other exports. One of the main advantages of this technology is that it allows the editing of the imported project. The imported project also does not include any dependencies.
SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation 2.0 2205
SAP Intelligent Robotic Processes Automation has undergone several enhancements over the years. These enhancements cover all aspects of operations, from cloud component upgrades to improvements in SDK capabilities. Below are some of the new aspects of Intelligent Robotic Process Automation 2.0 2205.
Enhancements in Cloud Components
- Cross Technology Recording Enhancements: It provides an improved recording experience by allowing you to record software using a combination of screens from SAP GUI for UI Automation technologies and for Windows. The recorder can begin recording using UI Automation technology from the SAP LogOn Page, and subsequent pages can still be recorded using SAP Win GUI technology.
- Enhanced Capabilities of Web Recorder: Automating operations on SAP Ariba with the Web Recorder can significantly reduce the time required for all processes. You also get the option for bot generation from screen recording, which helps automate the entire process. The underlying metadata is automatically captured and stated during the recording session. Workflow is created using automatically selected activity parameters which eases the operational processes.
- Improved Document Extraction Capabilities: It provides increased efficiency when extracting data from documents using the same schema but multiple templates during the design phase. By selecting the template, you want to reuse and identifying the newly created artifact from that template, the creation of document template artifacts has been made much easier.
Enhancements in SDK Capabilities
- Core SDK Now Generates HTML Events on Elements: In order to prevent execution timeout, a new activity has been added to the Core SDK to produce HTML events on a target element at runtime. This frequently happens due to particular actions, such as clicks, mouse-overs, element focus, key presses, and others, that are occasionally necessary for elements to go on to the next steps of the flow.
- New PDF Split Activities in PDF SDK: Now, you may split large PDF files with numerous pages into separate documents with the Split PDF activity. After separating the initial PDF by entering the text before and after, Splitting the PDF by Field value will produce PDF documents.
- New File System and FTP Activities in Core SDK: This update brings new relevant options to users. These include new file system activities like the option to rename a particular file or folder. There have also been improvements in file transfer protocol activities.
The latest update to SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation, i.e., 2.0 2205, has been aimed at mainly optimizing the cloud components and improvements in SDK. The numerous new improvements help enhance the document extraction capabilities and also automate and improve the authoring experience for the users. You can stay updated about the latest developments in SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automations by seeking help from SAP consulting services.