Digital innovation is the need of the hour! Companies of every size require finesse on their ability to handle fluctuating market conditions, agility, and foresight, as required. Businesses must empower users to customize their work in context by unlocking processes and data in their applications.
Additionally, it is essential to have the appropriate material available to customize cloud apps. These components are essential for operating model evolution. Regarding one such evolution in the business environment, today we have the SAP BTP (Business Technology Platform).
SAP BTP: An Insight Into The Future Of Operations
The SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) creates a single platform that combines application development, automation, integration, data and analytics, and AI capabilities. Build apps, analytics, and connections more quickly, execute mission-critical innovation with confidence in the infrastructure of major cloud providers completely managed by SAP and customize experiences across business processes.
The tools are available for developers to swiftly connect to, expand, and improve mission-critical business processes. Without writing code, business users may automate processes, design quick, adaptable workflows, or customize user interfaces. With immediate access to information from your SAP system and other third-party systems rich in the business context, planning collaboration, and insight sharing throughout the company are made easier.
Interestingly, the third quarter of 2022 introduced us to some unique, innovative features in the mix. So continue reading as we look into some unique fundamentals of the concept.
Innovative Highlights Of The SAP BTP Q3 2022
The SAP provider introduced SAP Integration Suite, a sophisticated event mesh, in Q3 2022. Based on the Solace collaboration, this service offers a fully managed enterprise-grade management and event streaming platform that allows an enterprise-wide and event-driven architecture (EDA).
The existing Integration Suite feature, SAP Event Mesh, is well complemented by SAP Integration Suite’s upgraded event mesh. It offers enterprise-grade performance, reliability, security, and governance and allows brokers to be implemented in current public or private cloud infrastructures.
- The standard version of SAP Build Work Zone The UI for SAP Build Work Zone, advanced edition, which was formerly known as SAP Work Zone and SAP Launchpad, has been updated to be more contemporary and appealing. A brand-new Horizon Motif offers an approachable bright (Morning Horizon) and dark (Evening Horizon) theme. The platform now assists people who are blind by using a light and dark, high-contrast theme. Sibylle Brehm will describe how SAP BTP will function with the Horizon Themes in her blog post.
- SAP Build Apps also received updates. Its current version has one of the most anticipated improvements made in Q3. The ability to control access privileges and observe team members’ modifications in real time facilitates cooperation and simplifies team sharing. Additionally, you may regulate developers’ access permissions and fine-grain access control. This feature greatly facilitates team participation and information exchange while raising customer happiness.
- The update also provides innovation in enterprise event enablement that is available to ABAP developers. Event-driven applications may be created with the aid of enterprise event enablement. With the new version, SAP now allows the direct consumption and exposure of business events in SAP BTP and ABAP environments. Using the ABAP module, an event can be defined, raised, and published using Event Bindings inside a business object or in its behavior extension.
Automation is a significant factor in the digitalization process. Therefore, SAP now allows an upgrade over its inbound API, enabling integration with SAP applications and other solutions to provide end-to-end extension situations. Users now also have access to Google productivity artifacts for both attended and unattended automation utilizing native business authentication. With the introduction of Google Workspace support, standardized connections will improve performance.
Data & Analytics
- There were several highlights in the data and analytics sector as well. First is the upgraded Story Experience in SAP Analytics Cloud, which offers requested features like undo/redo and better speed. Both narrative designers using OVM (Optimized View Mode) and end users utilizing ODE (Optimized Design Experience) would gain from the upgrade. The three key benefits of the optimized story experience are the strategic narrative experience in SAP Analytics Cloud, usability enhancements, and performance improvements for dashboards.
- Customers of retail and consumer packaged goods plan primarily using business calendars rather than Gregorian calendars. They may now begin using these calendars to provide weekly predictive projections thanks to the new capability of SAP Analytics Cloud predictive planning.
- Additionally, the first ARM64-based chipset now supports SAP HANA Cloud. The SAP HANA database container and the underlying infrastructure services and Kubernetes layer from SAP HANA Cloud are both ported to AWS Graviton processors. ARM-based technology’s efficiency and lower power requirements are well known for resulting in a more environmentally friendly data processing footprint.
Long utilized in mobile devices where energy economy is crucial to the user experience, ARM processors have progressively shown themselves capable of powering resource-intensive corporate applications. AWS has developed ARM-based Graviton processors to provide the optimum price performance for cloud applications running in Amazon EC2, particularly memory-intensive workloads.
Across The SAP BTP Module
- Security happens to be one of the most crucial subjects for business today. Keeping the same in mind, the Q3 2022 update released new end-user UIs in Q3, including the new Horizon visual style. This function goes beyond simply displaying a contemporary. It provides an opt-in setup for current applications for new apps, preventing disturbance.
- Identity Authentication automatically produces the User UUID format during user creation, which is another fantastic new feature. The User UUID is distinct, although it may be changed to utilize an existing user identification in a corporate user store. Due to more flexibility and a decrease in manual administration work, user management and identity provisioning are now easier to handle.
- In the third quarter, SAP created a few new functionalities for the BTP Cloud Foundry environment: The HTTP/2 protocol is now supported by the SAP BTP Cloud Foundry environment. This makes it possible to use HTTP/2 without the need for unique domains, enhances performance by better using the underlying transport layer, and makes it possible to use extra features like the gRPC framework.
- The new “Space Supporter” space role for the SAP BTP Cloud Foundry runtime was also added to diagnose and debug applications and service bindings in space. The advantages of this innovation include a distinct division of labor between development and operation, increased security due to limiting access to critical information, and avoiding code deployment during operations.
With so many possibilities, how are you leveraging the SAP BTP module on your platform? Besides, if your organization doesn’t have it already, what’s stopping you from contacting Accely, the global SAP Implementation Partner?