It is no secret that the growth and success of any business depend on its employees. But how to leverage the full potential of employees? The answer is simple: just keep your employees happy and motivated!
Businesses today, put in a lot of effort to enhance the experience of their employees. For instance, some prefer providing cakes to employees on their birthdays, while others are fine with putting up quirky banners.
Nevertheless, today’s technology is highly advanced, which means that there are many solutions available in the market today that can help businesses boost employee experience with ease. One typical example of such a solution is SAP SuccessFactors, and over 900 companies have implemented the solution in the last quarter of 2020. However, relatively speaking, that number is not enough because stats still show that almost 41% of employees in the US alone felt burnt out during the 2020 lockdowns. Therefore, it is clear that something is not right, and we need to correct it as soon as possible.
State of Present-Day Employee Experience
Before we dive into the solution, we first need to understand the actual problem. As per Gartner’s survey, it highlights that just 13% of employees are totally satisfied with their experience. So, why are the rest 87% not satisfied as they should be and what really is the issue here?
We have to admit that organizations are pouring a lot of investments and efforts to enhance the experience of their employees. Businesses are constantly working on redesigning work environments and implementing the latest human experience management solutions.
Even though these solutions are highly effective in enhancing employee satisfaction and engagement, the expenditure to sustain these operations with these solutions is constantly growing, making it difficult to maintain.
Foundation of Employee Experience
There is no doubt in the fact that every business is putting in efforts to enhance the engagement and experience of their employees. But this task becomes challenging without an understanding of the foundational components that shape the experience of employees. Let us take a look at these components:
- Overall work environment: The work environment plays a crucial role in shaping the employee experience. Employees feeling uneasy or uncomfortable may have a bad effect on their productivity. Therefore, interacting with employees and asking about their issues might be great to enhance productivity and improve the work environment.
- Company doctrine: This component is the one that affects everyone working in an organization. This determines the engagement of employees along with motivation and the level of satisfaction employees derive from working in a particular organization, including culture, work ethics, and empathy.
- Level of technology in the workplace: Technology is so heavily integrated with our lifestyles that ineffective technology in a workplace might adversely affect the productivity of employees. Inability to access appropriate tools to carry out the job might negatively impact the overall experience of employees.
- Ease of Communication: Tools and platforms are extremely important to empire employees to do day-to-day activities like leave application, reimbursement, time management, and reporting. Through employees’ central and mobile access these activities become very easy and convenient, even if they are working from home.
Strategies to Enhance Employee Experience
By now, we have a general idea of the significance of employee experience and the problems associated with it. But now, it is time to find ways to tackle the issues arising while enhancing employees’ experience.
- Adding value to the job: Young employees are aware of all the environment around them. Therefore, they are very interested in knowing the impact their work makes on society’s overall productivity.
Knowing the value and impact of their jobs can be very helpful in influencing the overall experience of employees. Businesses must not shy from discussing their corporate social responsibility initiatives with the employees.
- Design and maintain uplifting workplace culture: Building a motivated workplace culture in these difficult times is vital. As we know, remote work is new for most of us, and employees might face difficulties maintaining the balance between their work and personal lives.
However, a little consultation with Accely, SAP consulting services can help businesses get an SAP solution to solve this issue. All in all, it is very important to keep employees connected, motivated, and inspired now more than ever.
- Enhance organizational communication and leadership: In order to maintain the seamless functioning of an organization, it is crucial to maintain effective communication within the organization.
Updating and informing employees about the latest rules, processes, regulations, and other happenings of an organization can go a long way in enhancing the employee experience.
- Put in efforts to ensure the health and well-being of employees: Safety of employees, both in terms of physical and mental well-being, should be at the top of the list of priorities. Many even consider it to be the most important foundation of employee experience. Safe and happy employees will automatically provide better outcomes in terms of productivity and performance.
- Allow employees to acquire new skills and evolve: Benefits such as enhanced compensation are great for motivating employees for the short term. However, employees need and expect more than that to continue their job in an organization. Here is where benefits such as growth in the career come in as it can be a great tool to motivate and retain employees for the long term. Today there are learning management platforms that can seamlessly integrate with existing SAP systems, which businesses can leverage to enhance the experience of employees.
Revolutionizing the Management of Employee Experience
Employee experience is essential when it comes to the growth and success of a business entity. Today there are many solutions designed to ensure the well-being and development of employees, and the best part is these solutions work as an incentive for the organization. Therefore, it is imperative to consider every little detail that might impact employee experience in today’s business environment.
Managers and human resource leaders must be open to leveraging different online resources on enhancing employee experience that are easily accessible by everyone today. Streamlining the internal processes and boosting the morale of employees can be very helpful in improving the overall efficacy of the organization resulting in better business outcomes.