The media and entertainment industry has also changed its path moving from a traditional setup to implementing digital transformation trends. The implementation of artificial intelligence augmented reality, curated content, and smarter advertising, etc. are the waves of technological transcendence that have disrupted the media and entertainment industry. Enter the SAP software solution, the media industry gets a venerable opportunity to establish improved connections with the right set of targeted audiences.
Mr. Richard Whittington, Senior Vice President Media Business Solutions, SAPSE, said: “Digital transformation has happened in the media industry. “We see the winners being those companies that can build enduring consumer relationships, driven by compelling personalized content.”
According to SAP’s official website, about 83% of the media-based companies listed in Forbes Global 2000 are SAP customers. Furthermore, SAP customers broadcast about 74% of the television and radio content.
Role of SAP S/4 HANA and SAP Cloud Platform
SAP S/4 HANA in Collaboration with SAP Cloud Platform is enabling the media houses to digitize and innovate their business models. It offers customer analytics and new cloud-based apps to create and deliver content everywhere. Let’s analyze this joint role in some details.
- Providing Customer Analytics
Since the content is King for the media and entertainment industry, SAP S/4 HANA and the cloud platform help to streamline and personalize content according to the taste of the audience. You can optimize the relevance of the content by taking important insights from the analytics apps.
- Creating New Cloud-Based Apps
The SAP Cloud Platform is allowing media companies to rapidly create new cloud-based mobile apps for the next-generation audience, who are always hooked online through mobile devices.
- Increase the Storage Capacity
The management of all data streams gets simplified along with the combination of data stream processing, in-memory computing, and Hadoop-based storage solutions.
- Reducing the Data Footprint
SAP S/4 HANA also helps media organizations in decreasing their memory footprint and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software is efficient enough to reduce the footprint by 6 times by compressing the dictionary. However, if the historical data gets separated and aggregates are removed, the efficiency to decrease the footprint will enhance up to 10 times.
Examples of a Few Used Cases of How Media Organizations have Succeeded with SAP S/4 HANA
- Renowned mass media and information company Thomson Reuters witnessed a 98% faster ingestion after implementing the SAP S/4 HANA solution.
- Arclight Cinemas transformed its business operations through the implementation of SAP S/4 HANA Finance and procurement software. They are able to conduct 15 million transactions using SAP S/4 HANA.
SAP is Collaborating Media Companies on Intelligent Technologies for Usher Improved Opportunities
At a time when 75% of the users abandon an unsatisfactory experience in less than 4 minutes, the media organizations have a tough task to meet the expectations of the viewers. In order to deliver an outstanding content experience and gain flexibility and scalability, it must collaborate with intelligent technologies to offer customer-centric content and business value.
The ground-breaking innovative technologies that have emerged at the forefront and are helping media companies excel at their prospects include-
- Internet of Things (IoT)- The IoT helps the media industry to opt for targeted advertising and reach out to audiences through expanding channels. According to Statista, there will be 30 million IoT connected devices by 2020.
- Big Data provides a predictive analysis of audience interest and insights into customer churn. It also helps the companies to create new revenue sources.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning help in the automation of repetitive tasks, saving a lot of time in the process.
- Advanced Analytics finds data patterns to make improved managerial decisions.
- Blockchain secures end-to-end transactions without any regulation of third-party applications.
It is a set of applications offering business efficiency, which the media organizations require to operate the business. The end-to-end business process helps in spanning various applications and data integration to automate business operations and provide a seamless user experience.
Moreover, SAP HANA empowers the Digital Platform to offer intelligent end-to-end processes and connect cloud platforms and data to the intelligent suite.
Customized Media Software to Escalate Business Process
Take advantage of customized media software tools to entice your audience with SAP Marketing Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom.
SAP Marketing Cloud
- First, this is an innovative tool that helps to personalize customer engagements across various channels.
- Second, it enhances the level of customer trust by delivering the content according to their expectations.
- Third, it optimizes the marketing strategy to drive more sales and revenue.
- Fourth, it also ushers in demand and growth for B2B marketers.
SAP Marketing Cloud is helping to gather the first-party data of the customers in order to create an enriched audience profile. It allows you to consolidate your relationship with the audience Apart from that, you can also understand and analyze the current marketing trends and implement the same to gain more profits.
SAP Digital Boardroom
The SAP Digital Boardroom is the next-generation board portal that allows the top decision-makers to get real-time digital enterprise insight and ad-hoc analysis. It leverages the data from SAP S/4 HANA and third-party applications to simplify the business changes and meet the expectations of the customers.
Key Advantages of SAP Digital Boardroom for Media Companies
- It enables you to make faster and more precise decisions with the help of almost accurate information and replying to the ad-hoc queries.
- It can streamline business meetings with intelligent data-driven insight to reduce preparation time.
- It helps to improve your knowledge base about the 360-degree view of the departmental metrics.
SAP Pitches to Improve Connections with Viewers
SAP manages to pitch for the topmost priorities related to the media and entertainment industry. The company is engaged in compelling content creation with its direct-to-consumer (D2C) business model. It also offers real-time customer insights to propel marketing strategies with agility and acceleration.
If you want to connect your media organization with digital transformation trends and integrate SAP solutions, get in touch with the experts.